Saturday, March 27, 2010

Every Once in a While

That is the title of the song I was listening to, and it typifies my recent blogging habits since I finished school, which has been quite a few months already. Since then I have learned that time flies - even when you aren't very busy. My full-time job continues to be finding a full-time job, which has its up and down moments just like any job. My lack of success, despite my low expectations, would make any person depressed: luckily I am not there yet.

Since it has been such a long time since I have finished a post (finished is the key here), it will be another mish-mash of happenings and musings from the last few weeks:

===
OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN to the 2010 World Cup:
75 days

And to celebrate here is a great historical moment from the 1998 quarter-finals:


===
I recently came across this article that shared a new perspective on measuring the economy, or GDP. From space.
I am sure that image would look a little bit different during Earth Hour. Which reminds me, today is Earth Hour day. I think I might try to find some candles - even though that will contribute more carbon dioxide emissions. It is the idea, right?

On the Next Nature site I also came across this Essay titled "Real Nature is Not Green" that may be worth a read.

===
SENATORS-RANGERS Game - March 2
Just before Maya would leave Canada for her hometown in Slovakia we had the chance to attend a Senators game (or a Gaborik game if we are talking from her perspective). This was the first game after the Olympics, and while we had hoped that the pre-Olympic streak would continue - it didn't. It definitely didn't. With a 4-1 loss for the Senators, and a missing Gaborik we were pretty disappointed. Nonetheless, any game is a good game! Right?

Either way, it looks like the team will make it to the playoffs. And after three recent wins, I say bring on the Panthers tonight! GO SENS GO!

===
I love, love. love this website: Tastespotting. So many fun recipes and pretty pictures - it is sure to make you hungry!

===
I was watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution last night and it reminded me of this blog that I had come across. I have to admit that I had no idea that elementary kids got breakfast/lunch at school. When I was in elementary school we were fortunate enough to be able to go home for lunch every day, and if we couldn't it was quite special to bring a lunch to school. Nonetheless, lunch was always a whole wheat sandwich with cheese. And I still LOVE sandwiches. Yum!

===
I have been listening to Paolo Nutini (again) lately, and am loving his new album Sunny Side Up! I also found this tribute. It is available on iTunes to raise funds for research in the detection and treatment of cervical cancer. A worthwhile cause for sure!

===
There is a million more things I could share, but I am off to make a birthday cake for my lovely roommate. Even though I have not yet decided on a theme, I am sure I can come up with something between now and when I make it down the stairs? Hope so.

===
Paolo Nutini - Worried Man
Kurt Nilsen - Every Once in a While

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I don't understand Dutch, but that 1998 World cup clip was hilarious :)
love you G!