Tuesday, September 18, 2007

high tide

I currently working on my resume, and some job applications/while also thinking about grad school applications, and came across a reference letter I had received after the summer. I never thought I was this bad ... (or that I would be unable to rival this sense of humour):
"Mornings were frequently a challenge for Gesiena but by mid-day she was usually able to speak in full sentences. She did show some sparks of initiative, particularly at the end of the day, when she could clean her desk and exit the office faster than a civil servant with job security. If we had been organizing beer and wing parties instead of Coffee Breaks I believe we could have achieved unrivalled success."
... and continues ...

"I have no hesitation in recommending Gesiena for any position where dedication, hard work, attention to detail and the ability to excel at new tasks are not requirements. If you have no other suitable applicants I suppose you could do worse than hiring Gesiena. But I am not sure how."

Allright then,
9 days until 21
and preseason hockey season starts TONIGHT for the beloved Senators, in approximately 4 hours, while I will be reading, reading, highlighting, reading, and reading.

In the spirit of Hamilton, and music, I am listening to All I Ever Wanted - Brian Melo

1 comment:

JVE said...

haha.. that is worth a chuckle!!

Are you serious someone wrote that??