Friday, November 17, 2006

down main

"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear" John 16:12

going home from my discipleship group meeting, i realize that walking down the stretch of main street from hollywood to newton probably constitutes my favourite 15 minutes of the week. it is always windy, and a large volume of vehicles rush by, but once in awhile a magic moment of complete silence appears. no cars. but just as sudden the lights down the road turn green, and the rush continues. most of the vehicles carry only one person, who is probably coming home from work, ready for the weekend. also, a number of students pass by, headed towards campus, laden with a heavy bag, probably wondering the same thing i would have had it been any other day. how many days until the christmas holidays?

but its friday. coming back from discipleship group, i am not worried. not about school, not about the future. it really is a thought provoking time. i started off thinking about the number of people i want to e-mail. just to say hello. just to say i care. and just to give some encouragement.

then 3 people waited to let me walk ahead. i really wanted to pass on how much i appreciated that.

today we talked about the Holy Spirit. walking, i was thinking about my position in this world; in the lives of my family and friends. i began to wonder about how people actually saw me, whether or not i was disillusioned about being needed, or feeling loved. just a little spark of doubt. and then, i remembered. i remembered the child i was. the child of God. a picture of a father looking his at his little girl (perhaps a little driven by hollywood) came up in my head. and i knew, i need not worry. because, like i had just learned the Holy Spirit lives in me. He gives me immense comfort, and will guide me into all truth. Note: John 16:12-14.

coming home, the 15 minutes were up. and i would have to study again. i guess this may seem a little sentimental. maybe a bit silly. either way, i know i can't deny His presence. i also know that i can't be thankful enough for these moments. and want to share with all.

anyway. back to matters of school, hockey, and those other things that keep me occupied.
song for today: chasing cars - snow patrol.

No comments: