Thursday, November 23, 2006

exactly that

it has been a pretty good day. yay to fridays! well any day spend baking cookies, doing some studying, catching up with friends is a good day.
____________________________________________________________________
just a few random thoughts.

cellphones. on the bus, on the walk to school, in the library, and even in class, in the bathroom. yes, in the bathroom. and not even in front of the mirror. no, on the toilet. is that really necessary?

fish. i love fish. i really do. but a tuna sandwich in class, right beside me? that does not make going to econometrics any more enjoyable than it already is. i am sorry.

streetlights. on the creepiest part of the walk home from school in the dark, the streetlights on sterling will turn off as i pass by. it really makes the shadows bigger, and i will walk just a little faster. i am starting to think it is part of an evil plot ... eek!

flyleaf. because my playlists on my computer are giving me much grief, i have resorted to music on yahoo etc. the only problem is that one in five songs is by flyleaf. and this person does not make music. it is more like headache material.

my computer. sometimes my dellie is really great. but when i am writing a paper; it does not make me too happy when it freezes. rewriting even one sentence is a waste of time.

questions. i know they say that no question is a stupid question. not true. asking the same question within a minute is not cool. especially if it is on material that you have been taught at least three times before.

junk mail. i think i spend about 4 seconds twice a day deleting junk mail. that is like 49 minutes a year.

sigh. i think my biggest problem is procrastination.

as for interesting developments. being a history student I am glad Stephen Harper stood up to put some perspective on Quebec. honestly, they should have separated before Canada even existed. or not. i don't really care. it is just good to know there have been some developments as part of an endless bickering.
as for bickering: what is with the westdale alliance against drunk students ... honestly. i drink like one beer a year.
_____________________________________________________________________
right now the Senators are playing the Florida Panthers. they are one goal behind; and i am considering sitting the third period out. i should really study. Oh, make that a tie. No actually, one goal ahead. yay to sherry watching the game on her computer allowing me to run over to watch the replay on the good goals :-)!! Just as i am writing this, i happen to be listening to "We are the Champions (Ding a Dang Dong)" by Crazy Frog. i know. that is where it is at.
this game is just killing me. oh; and make that leading by two. yay to the heatley hat trick! I realize this commentary is all over the place, and without substance: i blame the sugar and the cookies.

there is just something about a man in a faceoff ...


song: The Fray - Over My Head.

4 comments:

JVE said...

oooh cookies!! maybe I'll have to sneak over and steal some :P

cellphones -yah, it's totally not possible to be disconnected for even a second these days.. the toilet?!? eouuu. I personally enjoy a bit of disconnect.. some time to reflect without disruption. I can't see how people survive without that!

westdale alliance against drunk students? you'll have to tell me about that, never heard about it. I can see that being good for a certain section of Westdale, but our area is fine.. at least I haven't run into any drunks on my nightly walk home from school.. not yet that is :P

question, same question... pause... same question again! NOT COOL! Listen people, turn off all your devices that hook you up to the world outside the classroom... focus?!

G said...

if only cookies lasted more than a day at our house... next time i will drop some off :-)

JVE said...

you need a secret hiding spot! :P

Anonymous said...

oh sis. you are sooo weird. oh well good to hear your moments. love u more than u love me!!!!!